Immigration Attorney and Professor John Q. Khosravi is the Managing Attorney of the JQK Law Firm, a boutique-style immigration law firm headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, with satellite offices throughout the west coast of the United States. He is also Adjunct Professor of Immigration Law at Pepperdine Law School.
As a first-generation American of immigrant parents, John Khosravi understands the personal difficulties of immigration.
The JQK Law Firm focuses on Family, Business (Investment & Employment) and Talent (Artists, Athletes, Scientists/Professors/Researchers & Individuals with Extraordinary Abilities) based immigration to the United States. He also helps individual Naturalization, obtaining travel documents (White Passport/Reentry Permits) and other immigration-related needs of his clients.
John works with individuals and clients of various sizes, from start-ups and small businesses to multinational corporations, in a broad range of industries, including academic, advertising, medical and research, new media, biotechnology, aerospace, fashion, and the arts and entertainment fields.
Mr. Khosravi is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and served as the Vice-Chair of AILA's National Law Student Committee, in addition to teaching Immigration Law as an Adjunct Professor at Loyola Law School, Los Angeles and Pepperdine Law School in Malibu, CA. John earned his Juris Doctor degree from Loyola Law School, after receiving his B.A. with Honors from UCLA.
John is also an avid guitar player, songwriter, singer, runner, and bicyclist.
Memberships & Activities
- Adjunct Professor of Immigration Law, Loyola Law School, and Pepperdine Law School
- Producer of the Champions For Freedom Immigration Attorney Training Program
- Selected by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in 2017, 2018 & 2019 (Top 2.5% of Attorneys in California)
- Active Member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and it's Southern California Chapter
- Vice-Chair of AILA National's Law Student Committee (2015-2019)
- Law School Liaison of AILA's Southern California Chapter (2014-2018)
- Founder of the Immigration Lawyers Listserv (www.ImmigrationLawyersListserv.com)
- The host of the Immigration Lawyers Podcast (www.ImmigrationLawyersPodcast.com)
- Co-Founder of the Los Angeles Immigration Clinic
- Staff Member of the Loyola Law School's International and Comparative Law Review (2008-2009)
- Selected as one of the Top 40 Under 40 Immigration Lawyers in the State of California by the American Society of Legal Advocates for 2016-2019 (top 1.5%)
- Chosen Top 40 Under 40 In California by the National Advocate for 2017-2019
- Published by the Immigration Daily (ILW.com), the Leading Immigration Law Publisher and the American Bar Association (ABA)
- Published in the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Journals:
- "[Immigration Law] Is This What You Want To Do?
- "How to Learn and Keep Up with Immigration Law"
- 10.0 out of 10.0 Immigration Attorney Rating on Avvo.com
- Client's Choice Award in 2016-2019 for Avvo.com and Yelp.com
- Chosen as a Most Feared Lawyer in 2016 by De Mici Ratings
- Chosen in 2016-2019 as a Lawyer of Distinction by the group: Lawyers of Distinction
- Nominated as one of the 10 Best Immigration Attorneys in California by American Institute of Legal Counsel in 2016-2019
- Chosen as One of the Best Immigration Attorneys in Los Angeles by Expertise.com, 2016-2019
- Quoted in the New York Times, National Public Radio (NPR: Marketplace, KPCC), and the Epoch Times Newspaper
- Lead Counsel Verified in Immigration Law
- US Immigration Attorney of the Year - Southern California, Award for Excellence in Immigration Law Education 2019, 2019 Corporate Immigration & Relocation Awards
- Speaker: Behind the Headlines: Immigration in the Age of Trump
- Moderator/Panelist IABA Annual Meeting: "In the Pursuit of Justice: Counseling Clients After the Latest Immigration and Travel Ban Developments"
- Speaker/Panelist at the 2018 American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Annual Conference:
"Immigrant Visa Consular Processing"
Law Student Panel: Life of an Immigration Attorney
- Speaker/Panelist at the 2017 American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Annual Conference:
- Best Practices for Consular Processing National Visa Center (NVC) Issues
- Law Student Panel: Getting Started
- Starting and Managing a Modern Immigration Law Practice
- Speaker/Panelist at AILA's Southern California Chapter
- "Immigration Law in Practice" with the Honorable A. Ashley Tabaddor - Immigration Judge, Los Angeles Immigration Court (2017)
- Appearance on "Brothers On Law" @gocountry105 radio to discuss the current legal immigration policies
- Admitted to the California Bar (CalBar.Org # 267607)
- Admitted to the Superior Court of Los Angeles
- Admitted to the Central District of California, United States Federal Court
- Admitted to the US Immigration Court (EOIR)